Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Talking to guys...

Ok, so at one point in my life I didn't think I was all that bad in speaking to the opposite sex. Although recently I think I decided that I absolutely stink at it. Yesterday I was walking in the park with Molly, and spotted a very attractive young man walking his husky. Perfect opportunity right? Wrong. I was working up the courage to say something casual, a simple "nice evening huh?" or a "what a gorgeous dog" or "hows your week going?" well when the time came for us to cross paths, Molly started barking so I said "sorry about that" and kept walking. Go Kelly. I waited to see if he was going to walk around the park once more, yup woo hoo, second chance. But as soon as I got to the top of the hill he turned around. Lame....I went home thoroughly disappointed.

So then situation number 2 happened today. I went into the bank, good looking teller behind the counter, awesome. He asks "how was your holiday weekend?" I answered "uneventful, yours?" he answered "it was actually very eventful" I said "I'm jealous, all I did was eat!" He responds with "I guess that doesn't count as an activity unless you like to eat." I said "Oh I do!" then he asks "you Italian?" and I responded with "no barbeque". There was a moment of awkward silence as he says "well, um, I guess you bbq in the summer huh?" and nodding stupidly der I said "ya" and took my reciept and left. It wasn't until I was in the car that I realized he was asking me if I WAS Italian, not if I liked Italian food! DERRR. Go Kelly.

1 comment:

JelliBee Baby said...

Hey! At least you are speaking up! That is great! Give yourself some credit for connecting (with other humans). I think most people have difficulty just starting a conversation! Unless, of course, you are from NJ. Then, it comes rather easily :)