Always remember, when you don't get what you want but God gives you what you need, that is the height of happiness. When God says no to your wants but yes to your needs, you are wonderfully contented." ~Charles Swindoll.I have read this quote over and over again, its in a small book called Perfect Trust. And God always allows this to ring in my ear many times. I am grateful today for God's faithfulness in His provision. I may WANT a high paying job, or I may WANT a large group of friends, among other things, but He has provided exactly what I need.
I had bills a couple weeks back that I had to pay and I was nervous about my bank account. At the end of the week after writing the check, I received my income for that week, and it was exactly the same amount of what my bills cost, down to the exact change. THAT is God's faithfulness, that is His provision. And that is what should bring about a heart of gratefulness.
I miss having a group of friends to go have laughs with or stay out till one in the morning with but that isn't what I need. He has given me a warm loving family and the love of a awesome man, and his family. I'm surrounded by love and encouragement, and support. Who needs 1am runs to TGIFridays?
When God gives me what I need, that is when I am perfectly contented. Amen.
1 comment:
Amen and Amen... God is faithful to always give us what we need. Do you really miss those runs to TGIFs anyway? ha!
Post a Comment