Growing up Dad started a crazy yet hysterical activity called sock fight. My brothers and I always participated in this with Dad whenever Mom was away from the house. We had a box of old socks, you know the ones that are missing a match? well we had a perfect use for them. I can remember being 10 years old and defending myself from the "wicked one" (usually 2 or 3 socks stuffed in one). And tonight....it all flooded back, and I realized, you're never too old to have a sock fight with Dad :)Ok so tonight Dad began his annoying little poking and pestering and Mom told him to go outside and get rid of some energy (I think the Christmas cookies we made had waaay too much sugar for him) So he walked down the hallway.... then out of the clear blue I get hit with a stuffed turtle dog toy. He retreated to his room, and as I ran in to get him back and what flew at me? A massive wicked one. I'm talking 4 socks stuffed into one...and THUD hit me right on the side. I fell to the floor in laughter.
The fight was on.
I ran back to my room and made as many sock bombs as I could before slinking down the hallway... meanwhile Mom is in the office calling out things like "don't break anything" or "Your gonna hurt yourself" and Molly and Abbey couldn't figure out what to chase! I cornered him on the stairs and let him have it. My entire family can attest to the fact that I am a horrible aim, I try to block while throwing. This is where I lose, because I end up with everything back at me before I can get them all out of my hands!
Well about 30 minutes later neither one of us could stand from laughing so hard and we collapsed on the couch just in time for Ruth our next door neighbor calling to ask if she could come over with her Christmas cookies...we had to quickly compose ourselves before answering the door!
So ends the battle for the evening...although we aren't sure where half our sock bombs are...I do have 2 sitting here, waiting to be thrown, whenver Dad leasts expects it.
1 comment:
I did participate in some of those sock throwing fiascos you know...very seldom did I actually miss one....but I think that you guys( kids) got into them alot more that is for sure!
Sock fights, sweaty and laughing uncontrolably and sometimes broken furniture or broken something abounded.
Post a Comment