Hebrews 11:6 :"Without faith it is impossible to please God, for anyone who comes to Him must believe, that He exists and that He rewards, those who earnestly seek Him."
What does it mean to SEEK. Well in this context the creek word is zeteo, meaning "to give attention and priority to, to desire, and to choose to follow."
For those of you who know me, I like lists, I make lists of things to do and what I need to get done, in the future or for just the day, but how often do I give God and His kingdom the priority on my list of things to do ever day, or even future things to get done. I don't! I have had this verse in my head for the last week or so, and have been saying it over and over. What does it mean to EARNESTLY SEEK Him?
Well good old Websters dictionary helped me out and I found this awesome.
Earnestly: Eager, showing deep sincerity or feeling, not trivial or petty, enthusiastic devotion, in pursuit of, fervent or passionate adherence or service. (zealous)
Diligently: Persevering effort, attentive, careful, esteem highly, and persistent effort.
Seek: To endeavor to obtain or reach.
After looking through these definitions, I realize that I don't show "enthusiastic, persistent devotion and effort" nor do I "endeavor to obtain or reach"---in this case I should endeavor to reach or obtain more Christlikeness, to know more about Him and to dig more into His word.
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you."
If I took the time to seek, more consistently, and do it earnestly with passion and effort, I would find more often.
Whats your ENDEAVOR in life? is it to achieve wealth? or applause? or how about to have friends? or even to get married? I know I often times find myself seeking things I shouldn't, or seeking things that aren't going anywhere.
.......He rewards, those who earnestly seek Him!!!
1 comment:
I like what you wrote...very introspective....greek words not creek words ha! But to seek diligently after the Lord is the desire of my heart...thanks for sharing your study!
Post a Comment